- Calcium gluconate is used for treating calcium deficiencies such as hypocalcemic tetany, hypocalcemia related to hypoparathyroidism and hypocalcemia due to rapid growth or pregnancy.
- It is used in black widow spider bites treatment to relieve muscle cramping.
- It is also used as an adjunct in the treatment of osteomalacia, rickets, lead colic and magnesium sulfate overdosage.
- In some cases, Calcium gluconate is also used to decrease capillary permeability in allergic conditions, nonthrombocytopenic purpura and exudative dermatoses such as dermatitis herpetiformis and for pruritus of eruptions caused by certain drugs.
- Calcium gluconate may aid in antagonizing the cardiac toxicity provided the patient is not receiving digitalis therapy during hyperkalemia.
- It helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus resulting in strong bones.
- It is used in treating and preventing bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia, osteoporosis.
For the carrying mother and forthcoming child
- Replace bone loss and reduces fracture risks
- Monitors functional integrity of nervous & cardio vascular system
- Takes care of muscle cramp
- Chronic calcium deficiency